Tour pick-up is 30 minutes prior to tour time and offered at hotels within the French Quarter and Business District. Group sizes are typically under 15 and never over 25. This is a bus tour with two opportunities to get out and explore. One stop is in St Louis Cemetery #3 for a guided tour and about 10 minutes to look around on your own. The tour makes a second stop in City Park at the Sydney and Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden and Morning Call Cafe with 20 to 30 minutes to have beignets and look around the sculpture garden. Our tour guides are all licensed giving you an insider’s perspective of the city and information regarding history, architecture, and activities. Aside from the two stops your tour will also pass through and cover many other highlights, such as:
- Congo Square, gathering place of slaves and eventual birthplace of Jazz
- St. Louis #3 – our third oldest Roman Catholic “City of the Dead"
- City Park with its three hundred year old live oaks, Besthoff Sculpture Garden, and Storyland
- Site of one of the major levee breaches after Hurricane Katrina, the 17th Street Canal
- St. Charles Avenue with its stately mansions and oldest streetcar in America
- Bayou St. John – historic waterway and place of trading for Native Americans and settlers
- Lake Pontchartrain and the longest bridge over water in the world, the Causeway
- Jackson Square and St. Louis Cathedral
Tour picks up at all hotels in the French Quarter and Business District. If staying further outside the city please call for exact pickup location.
Tour has two start times, 11am and 3pm daily Hotel pickups commence approximately 15-30 minutes prior to tour time.